How To Check For Bed Bugs?:
how to find bed bugs during the day
Feeling itchy from time to time? Especially when trying to catch some sleep? If your answer is yes, then you may have a bed bug related issue. Bed bugs have the tendency to become an epidemic in the home, especially when they are not discovered on time, since they are asexual, they do not need to mate in order to reproduce. How do you check to see if you’re under threat of a bed bug infestation? Here are a few tips on how to go about it.
how to check for bed bugs in a hotel room
1. Check common hiding spots: Being tiny insects, bed bugs can squeeze into tight spaces, so you need to check hidden areas around the bed, bed bugs like warm spaces, so be sure to check all hidden crevices around the bed area as indicated in the picture below. It is advisable to use a credit card when checking, leave no stone unturned when searching for bed bugs, they can be quite tricky to find.
how to treat bed bugs
2. Look for signs of infestation: Bed bugs leave their signatures wherever they go, so keep an eye out for physical signs of bug infestation such as:
- Red colored stains, which are left on furniture when the bugs are being crushed.
- Black spots, which are bed bug excrement.
- Beg bug egg and eggshells, tiny as a speck of sand, roughly 1mm in diameter and have a pale yellow color.
Live bed bugs.
how to check for bed bugs bites
3. Look out for less common areas: Beg bugs can be very elusive, and hell hath no fury as the horde of beg bugs in the depths of an infestation frenzy. Using a flashlight, check your dressers and nightstands, empty all drawers, inspect door joints and frames, curtains and drapes should not be left out, because bed bugs have a tendency to breed in the warmth of curtains and drapes. Don’t leave out electronic appliances, though a weird place to hide, these bugs tend to find themselves in alarm clocks and other electronic devices, so keep an eye out for them:
- Learn how to treat infestations: If these bed bugs attack your home, do not be afraid to take the bull by the horn, flush them out! Here are some effective ways to treat bed bug infestations.
- Clear all infested areas of the house, by removing all furniture and clothes, it is advised to wash all infested clothes and kill the bugs using a household drier, tuned to about 120 degrees F.
- Dispose infested mattresses; this is the most effective way to be sure that they will not return. Stuffed animals and toys should be kept in airtight bins with vapor strips, which will help kill the bugs.
- Make use of the necessary chemicals for flushing and killing beg bugs, these can be found at your local grocery shops or pet shops. This is one of the most effective methods of dealing with bed bugs.
- High heat is also an effective way of dealing with bed bugs, make use of a bed bug steamer to treat your mattresses and furniture.